Installation stops.We are sorry about your experience with installing this Steganos product. Please try the following:
- Start your PC in the so called windows 'safe mode' (press permanently keyboard's "F8" while your PC is starting and before Windows boot logo comes, up to open Windows start menu, then select 'safe mode').
- Run Windows RegistryEditor (Start => run => /ENTER/ regedit => OK).
- Find the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\ (take care and doublecheck the path!).
- Rightclick the key and select 'Permission'.
- Make sure that for all displayed user-groups full access is already enabled. If not please do so and confirm all upcoming messages with 'OK'.
- You should now see the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\ again. Please rightclick on the(!) key and 'remove' it together with all sub keys. In case of upcoming errormessages, you need to follow the same procedure for the sub key 'Components' beneath HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\ again.
- After successfully removing all keys, close the RegistryEditor and re-boot your PC as usual.
- Now try again to install your copy of Steganos.
Last update: 2007-03-16 11:02