Deleting a Portable SafeThe Portable Safe is a self-contained application which runs nearly independent on external storage devices supported by Steganos. (Please note: Steganos supports removable drives like USB-Sticks, Smartphones, etc which are supported by ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center.)
To delete a Portable Safe from a removable drive, please proceed as follows:
- As long as the removable drive is not connected to the PC, please connect it and wait until Windows recognizes the removable drive. Normally this will be indicated by a informative message in the Windows Systray (next to the Windows clock) or by an audible signal. Should the Portable Safe be opened already on the PC, please close it but leave the removable drive connected.
- Open the Windows Explorer:
- For Windows XP: Double click on the My Computer icon on the desktop or click Start -> All Programs -> Acessories-> Explorer.
- For Windows Vista: Double click on the Computer icon on the desktop or click Start -> Computer.
- You will find the removable drive included in an overview of the currently installed/connected drives (The drive letter is managed by windows and is not identical with the drive letter of the closed Portable Safe).
- Perform a right click on the removable drive and select open.
- You will find the content of the removable drive on a separate window. To remove a Portable Safe, please find and delete the following files on the removable drive:
for Generation 2008 or earlier:
for Generation 11(2009) or later
For deleting these files, please click right on the according files and select delete or mark them by left click and press Del on your keyboard.
- Afterwards, please close all windows and you can create a new Portable Safe on the removable drive.
When deleting a Portable Safe, all included content will be deleted. A deleted Portable Safe cannot be recovered. Please keep this in mind before deleting the Portable Safe.
The Portable Safe does not provide the feature of changing the size as the normal safe does. Therefore, when encountering space problems, a new Portable Safe should be created in the according size.
Last update: 2009-03-26 16:25